Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 58 - February 27. 2015





I am not the greatest swimmer.  I will never forget taking swimming lessons.  One of the ways that they tried to teach us how to swim was a technique that I did not enjoy.  They had us jump into the pool and reach for the nearby pole.  They were not going to let us drown, but it sure felt like it!  All I remember was jumping into the water and being terrified because I couldn’t find the pole.  The water seemed to overwhelm me.  I probably had my arms flailing all about in a panic.  Not only could I not feel the pole, to me it was nowhere in sight.  All along, the instructor could see me and was not going to let me drown.   I was so relieved when my hands finally took hold of the pole.  Giving up was not an option...that would mean drowning!  But to this day, I am not a good swimmer because after that episode, I didn’t return to lessons.  What happens in our Christian walk when we give up after being disappointed that things are not going our way?   

In swimming lessons, we have an instructor always nearby.  In life, we have Jesus as our Instructor.  Can you imagine Jesus looking at us while we worry about what is happening around us?  While we think we are drowning in our circumstances, He is extending His hand asking us to grab on!  All we have to do is reach out and trust Him.  (Psalm 73:23)!   

Don’t give up...grab on! 
Mama eydie! 



No comments:

Post a Comment