Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 62 - March 3, 2015




This is a picture of what my life has been.  “Many of My children run around in circles, trying to obey the various voices directing their lives.”  Sad but true this was my life for so many years.  I allowed well-meaning people to direct my life.  In a quest to do my job with excellence, I misinterpreted that I could never say no.  I didn’t want to disappoint people so I continually said yes to everything.  I didn’t realize how much of the frustration I was facing was due to my falling into this trap.  

I have been learning that in order to discern the difference between direction from the Lord and distractions from the enemy is my need to know His Voice alone.  The only way to do that is by spending time with Him.  I think we have all heard the example of how bank tellers are trained to spot counterfeit money.  It is not by studying the fake money, but by knowing the real money so well you can tell when a counterfeit bill passes through your hands.  It is the same with hearing His Voice. If you want to tell the difference between the voices, spend time with Him.  It makes all the difference in the world.  I am so thankful that my Jesus loves me for who I am, not for what I do.  

Learning to listen well, 
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment