Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 59 - February 28, 2015



I definitely have moments that I have been hard on myself.  “Don’t look for affirmation in the wrong places: your own evaluations, or those of other people...above all, stop comparing yourself with other people.”  Recently, I have been reflecting a lot on the competition that seems to exist among people, and yes, even within the body of Christ.  My question becomes, why?  I have seen so many of the problems that exist in relationships today are a result of competition & comparing ourselves to others.   This I believe is a source of much of the backstabbing, gossip, and ruining of reputations that tears at the souls of who we are.  

Last year in the Winter Olympics, I was very impressed with the unity that existed among the competitors.  You would see competitors from one country genuinely happy for someone else from another country when they won a medal.  I heard one say that it is because they travel the circuit together and compete at so many other events.  They truly are friends that support one another in the sport. What a beautiful example of unity and support.  They cheer one another on.  They congratulate them in their successes.  Why don’t we seem to be able to do this in ministry?   I know what it feels like to have people actively working against me and rejoice if they see me fail.  Again I ask, why do we do this to one another?  “Comparing is not only wrong: it is also meaningless.”  

“The only source of real affirmation is His unconditional Love.”  The more that I immersed myself in His Loving Presence, the more I listen to Him and know that as long as He is well pleased, that is all that matters!  

Let’s make sure we too are lifting up one another...encouraging one another... and spurring one another on towards love and good deeds!  Hebrews 10:24! 

Rejoicing in the Lord today! 
mama eydie ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment