Thursday, March 19, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 71 - March 12, 2015



“If you mouth the words, ‘I trust You’ while anxiously trying to make things go your way, your words ring hollow.”  Ouch!  But how many times have I done this?  Probably too many to count!  

Our ministry in Uganda is a good example of waiting, trusting and hoping.  We now have been involved in Uganda for over 8 years.  We run our ministry trusting in the Lord to guide and provide.  We have countless examples that can illustrate this principle. Since the beginning of our ministry, we knew that we needed a van for transportation.  We did not have the money to purchase one.  We have trusted Him every step of the way as we waited on the answer.  

Just before one of my trips in 2014, I had an anonymous donor tell me that they wanted to make a donation to purchase a van!  This was unsolicited and totally caught me off guard.  I went to Uganda and talked with the person who could help me purchase a van.  I was just investigating the cost at this point.  He told me that the best way would be to import it because it would be cheaper.  He said it would take 3-4 months.  The very next day, he received a phone call that went something like this, “Robert, I have a van I need to sell.  Do you know anyone that would be interested?”  It turns out it was only one year old and in really good shape!  And the cost was just a little over what the donation would cover!  We now own a van!   We waited, had hope and trusted God.  He provided in a way that can only be explained by Him!  

“Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”  Psalm 27:14 

It is always worth the wait, 
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment