Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 60 - March 1, 2015




I truly did learn the lesson of trust by being wrapped up and tied in a whole lot of difficulty.  The cost was high.  The lessons were hard.  Yet the end result of His Peace was worth every moment.    Throughout my Christian walk I knew in my head the importance of trusting Him.  But when I had to walk through the deep valley of despair and disappointment is when that reality of trust moved from my head to my heart.  I spent a lot of time anxious about the problems I had been facing.  It wasn’t until I let go and trusted Him completely that the Peace that passes all understanding overwhelmed my heart.  

I also learned a huge lesson since God called me to the work in Uganda.  I have quoted this from “Release the Power of Prayer” by George Müller.  “After turning his life to Christ, he provided for over 10,000 orphans – without every asking anyone but God to supply their needs.  He wrote, “But if we do not patiently wait for God’s help, if we seek a deliverance of our own, then at the next trial of our faith, it will be the same as before; we will once again be inclined to try to deliver ourselves.  Thus, with every fresh instance of this kind, our faith will decrease; while on the contrary, if we were to “stand still and see the salvation of the Lord” (2 Chron. 20:17) to see His hand stretched out on our behalf, and to trust in Him alone, then our faith would be increased.” 

George Mueller said this of himself:
"…I live in the spirit of prayer. I pray as I walk about, when I lie down and when I rise up. And the answers are always coming. Thousands and tens of thousands of times have my prayers been answered. When once I am persuaded that a thing is right and for the glory of God, I go on praying for it until the answer comes. George Mueller never gives up!"

We do face difficulties with our ministry in Uganda.  There are times I don’t know where the money will come from to take care of the children.  Yet I have learned a valuable lesson of trusting God from the example set by George Müller.  It is amazing how overwhelming His Peace is when you cast all your cares upon Him.

Simply Trusting Him! 
mama eydie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment