Thursday, March 19, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 68 - March 9, 2015



People wonder how I get done all the things I have on my plate. I am not the same person I was 8 years ago.  My life was spinning faster and faster.  I was mainly doing what Sarah Young stated, “The world is a needy place; do not go there for sustenance.”  So not only was I working 12 hour days, I was depending on it to meet my own needs...and I didn’t even know it.   The answer is I have learned to live my daily life returning to the “soothing Center.”  This is where I receive my energy as He fills me with His Love, Joy & Peace!  I would not be able to accomplish the tasks He calls me to if I didn’t spend quiet time alone with Him to rest in His peace and recharge my “batteries.”  I love the phrase, “cushion of calm at the center of my life.” 

I love the care facility where Carol’s mom now lives.  The floor she lives on is called “Reminiscence” specifically designed for Alzheimer’s patients.  One of my trips I was there for 13 days.  I began getting to know the other residents.  On my last day there, one of the ladies came up to where I was sitting.  She pulled up a chair and just began talking to me.  She had a lot of various thoughts all jumbled together.  She was talking really fast and seemed concerned.  She finally made a comment about how she was worried about things in her life that she should be taking care of.   I said, “You don’t have to worry.  It is all being taking care of.”   She said, “Really?  Ok, good.”  She relaxed and you could see her anxiety melt away.  

No matter who we are, we need a gentle reminder that we do not need to worry or be anxious because the Lord our God is with us (Philippians 4:6-7).   I am still learning how to put my complete trust in Him, especially when my world around me spins too fast!  Yet the more I do it, the more I crave that cushion of calm!  I love the picture Sarah Young paints of our weakness being saturated with His Power (and His Peace!) 

Cushions of Peace! 
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment