Thursday, March 19, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 70 - March 11, 2015




“For we walk by faith, not by sight.”  2 Corinthians 5:7

“If you live your life too safely, you will never know the thrill of seeing Me working through you.”  When I took the step of faith to quit my job, I remember the emotions of that moment as if it were yesterday.    I remember long before that day came, someone spoke a prophetic word over me.  He said that he felt that God had so much more out there for me.  He said he believed that God was going to work through me in ways that none of us could even imagine.  But...it would take me leaving my job at the church in order for that to happen.  At the time he made that statement, I couldn’t imagine leaving my job there at the church.  I was holding onto what was safe.  Yet the day that I said, “I quit” was such a moment of complete freedom.  

It took a step of faith to walk out onto the water.  It has not all been easy.  I definitely have had moments that I have taken my eyes off Jesus and cried out for help!  But my life is one thrill ride after another now because I stepped out of the safety of what I knew and trusted in Him.  

So glad I stepped out of the boat!  You too can walk on water when you keep your eyes on Him. 

mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment