Thursday, March 19, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 78 - March 19, 2015



Just reading the words to today’s devotion brings a sense of peace.  Some of my most distressing times have been when I listened to voices of accusation.  To hear that these words are not from Him brings peace to my heart.  “He speaks to us in love-tones, lifting us up.”  When I was going through that difficult time in my life, I truly felt alone. When words of accusation and hurt were becoming a part of my daily life, I began to become discouraged and depressed.  With each word of accusation or gossip, it was as if I added another weight to the load.   I was becoming crushed and buried under the negative voices.  

I needed the reminder that HIS SPIRIT convicts cleanly, without crushing words of shame.   “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.”  Romans 8:1-2.  

Last night, in our “Breaking Free” study by Beth Moore she said something significant in terms of exposing truth in our lives.  “We uncover so we can excuse.  Satan uncovers to accuse.  But CHRIST uncovers to difuse.” 

Accusations come from the enemy.  Our excuses are from us alone.  But Jesus wants to difuse it all so we can finally break free!!!   

No one should have to carry the burden of despair.  Lets all speak words of encouragement and love.  “So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you'll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you're already doing this; just keep on doing it.”  I Thessalonians 5:11 (The Message) 

Amen!
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment