Thursday, March 19, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 69 - March 10, 2015




“Instead of approaching the day as a blank page that you need to fill up, try living it in a responsive mode; being on the lookout for all that I am doing.”  I think this is a trap that we all can fall into.  We wake up and try to fill up our days with all we want to accomplish in a day.  We start making lists just so we can cross things off!   At the end of the day, I can feel like I got a lot of things accomplished based on how much I checked off!    But what I really want is to get to the end of the day and be in absolute awe of what He had done!  This can only happen if we stop trying to fill our blank pages with lists to cross off.  What would happen if we would live our days in a responsive mode to His calling on our lives?  What would happen if we would put our full trust in God to lead the way? 

When I take teams to Uganda, I ask them to trust me.  We have said in ISP, “In order to go, you have to leave.”  I ask team members to empty themselves and just follow His direction.  This allows the Lord to simply pour into their lives.  This is how I went to Uganda the first time...follow and obey Him.  Because of that act of obedience, my life was turned in the exact direction that He wanted me to go!  His path was much better than the way I was headed.  I can’t imagine where I would be today if I would have insisted that my way was better.  

I had a vision of Disneyland when I read the phrase to “not approach our day as a blank page that I need to fill up.”  Can you imagine arriving at Disneyland to an empty lot trying to fill it in?  That was Walt Disney’s job to create what we now enjoy as “The Happiest Place on Earth.”  Yet, when we approach our day realizing that God has already designed and created our world...all we need to do is respond and follow His direction for our individual lives.   Anywhere we are is the happiest place on earth as long as we are following the True Creator! 

Trusting Him to Fill in the Blanks, 
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment