Thursday, March 19, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 73 - March 14, 2015



We are surrounded by a world that is based on “working and taking.”  I hear regularly from other believers that they are too busy to rest.  Believe me, I was definitely guilty of this!  It took going to Uganda to break through the cycle to see just how busy and noisy my life was.  The simplicity of the verse, “Be still and know that I am God” is really what it is all about.   I am blessed!  

The more time that I spend with Him, the more I learn.  He does “pour His very life into me and all I have to do is receive it!”  It is having the faith of a little child to not only trust this truth, but to receive it with gladness in my heart.  

My children in Uganda don’t ask for much.  What makes them happy is when we simply come and visit them.  They love visitors!  They love being in relationship with others.  So many of you have received various letters from the children.  They write from their heart.  They just want to spend time with those who love and care for them.  When we go and visit, they are not as interested in material things.  They purely want to just be with us. 

We are just like that to God.  We are His children.  He desires to be in relationship with us.  So let’s start to slow down and take the time to just be still and know that He is God!” 

Blessings await! 
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment