Thursday, February 26, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 53 - February 22, 2015


 “Your neediness, properly handled, is a link to My Presence.  However, there are pitfalls that you must be on guard against: self-pity, self-preoccupation, giving up.”  I realized that when I depend on people to fill the gap of my neediness, that is when I experience so much despair.   People will let us down, but Jesus never will.   It was a person who told me that the work I do in Africa is impossible.  It is Jesus that says, “Nothing is impossible with Me.” 

Another example is when I am talking with someone and they are not really listening to me.   It is like in Peanuts when they are in school and the teacher is talking.  All you hear is, “blah, blah, blah, blah blah...or wah, wah, wah, wah.”  Has that happened to you?  When I worked at the church I always had so much work.  I used to call it the “revolving door syndrome!”  No sooner did one person leave, another would walk in.  I had a hard time accomplishing all the desk work that kept piling up.  It really makes me sad that I ever gave the impression that I was too busy to listen to others.  Especially because I know what it is like now to be on the other end.  Can’t we always tell when someone is too busy to listen?  My feelings get hurt and I think that what I have to say must be worthless.  Again, this is a result of depending on people to fill my gap of neediness.  

Because Kiana is in school, I yearn for the times that I hear her voice over the phone.  Whenever she calls, I want to give her my full attention.  No matter what else is going on, I am ready to listen.  Those moments are some of the most precious times in my life.  

This is how our Heavenly Father waits for us.  I believe that He yearns for us to talk to Him as we yearn for our children to talk to us.  He is always ready to listen to us.  He will never be too busy or distracted to talk.  

“God’s there, listening for all who pray, for all who pray and mean it.”  Psalm 145:18 (The Message). 

Learning to depend on Jesus not man...
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment