Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 41 - February 10, 2015




This is one of my favorite of Jesus Calling readings, probably because it is one that I related to so well.  I love the first time I read this, “Because I am omnipotent, I am able to bend time and events in your favor.”  Until eight years ago, I spent so much of my time doing the total opposite.  I spent more time with others rather than give that time to Jesus.  I was having a difficult time prioritizing my life & always wanting more hours in a day.  After I began to put into practice what I knew I SHOULD be doing, “giving myself to Him in rich communion,” I WAS able to accomplish more in less time.  It is so true that once you learn something so valuable, it is hard to go back!  

I truly was always on the go. This statement is powerful for us all, “Many, many things people do in My Name have no value in My kingdom.”  Wow.  Once I began to realize this truth, I was sorry that I spent so much of my life on the wrong path.  

This also struck me as I heard this sermon by Dr. Charles Stanley,  “A Call for Courage.”  I was struck by this statement, “Pride will destroy you.  If you want God to stop His blessing in your life, just start taking credit.  When you start taking credit it demeans the glory of God and God is not gonna give you his power not His strength, nor His assistance when you are taking credit.  We have to walk humbly before Almighty God, trusting Him every day for whatever He wants to do in our lives and recognizing it is His life and His message that we preach and it is His work that is being done in and through your life.

Powerful statement to help us evaluate our lives.  I have seasons that are busier than most.  But I would not be able walk through those times without putting Jesus first.  Time spent with Him will direct me as to what things to do and not do.  He gives me the energy to accomplish His tasks.  Most important of all, He receives the glory for it all. 

“To avoid doing meaningless works, stay in continual communication with Me.” 
Amen! 
mama eydie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment