Saturday, February 14, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 45 - February 14, 2015


As I read today’s devotion, my mind went to any one of my ISP journeys.  Close your eyes and imagine stepping foot onto Ugandan or London soil.  “Give yourself fully to this ISP adventure.  Trust me.  I am here to lead you through this process.  For those A type personalities, let go of the control.  For those who are nervous, trust me.  For those that are scared, don’t give into fear or worry. Trust Me enough to face problems as they come, rather than trying to anticipate them.  Trust me which ultimately means trust Him.” 

I am sure for those who traveled with me on an ISP or RH trip know these words all too well. For two to three weeks on the field, I asked you all to trust me on our adventures.  At times I know this was difficult.  But so many of you have beautiful testimonies of what God did in your lives through this process.  For ISP we spend 6 months preparing for our adventure to go overseas for 3 weeks.  Much of that is to help prepare you so you “Fix your eyes on Him, the Author & Perfecter of your faith, and many difficulties on the road ahead will vanish before you reach them.”   Think about how many of the problems or fears you had overseas would not have happened if only you would have fixed your eyes on Him.  

I am beginning to look upon life as one big ISP journey!  My teams are the strongest when we are living together for the 3 weeks overseas.  We are not distracted by everything that bombards our daily lives in America.  We focus on our relationship with God daily.  Even after returning home we try to be intentional in the discipleship process.   The good news is our ISP journey doesn’t end when we return home.  We are on this journey for life!  You have an even better Companion & Guide who you can never be separated from!  Let Him lead you today on the greatest adventure of your life!  

Keeping My Eyes Fixed on Him! 
mama eydie!

No comments:

Post a Comment