Friday, February 13, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 44 - February 13, 2015




“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world give.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”  John 14:27 

I love the picture that today is painted for us.  He died a violent, criminal’s death so that we could experience radiant peace.  He took on all of the chaos and the onslaught of all that can come on us so we could sit quietly and allow His Peace cover us.  

I found this today as it has to do with our devotion...
“In our sinful state, we are enemies with God (Romans 5:10). “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). Because of Christ’s sacrifice, we are restored to a relationship of peace with God (Romans 5:1). This is the deep, abiding peace between our hearts and our Creator that cannot be taken away (John 10:27–28) and the ultimate fulfillment of Christ’s work as “Prince of Peace.”

What I love about the picture that Sarah Young painted was that of “wearing His peace with regal dignity.”  I immediately pictured a royal robe wrapped around me.  It is a reminder of having His Peace cover me because I am the Daughter of the King.  It truly is a rare treasure yet we as His children all wear this royal robe.  

The same website stated, “Note that peaceful doesn’t mean “easy.” Jesus never promised easy; He only promised help. In fact, He told us to expect tribulation (John 16:33) and trials (James 1:2). But He also said that, if we called on Him, He would give us the “peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension” (Philippians 4:6–7). No matter what hardships we are faced with, we can ask for a peace that comes from the powerful love of God that is not dependent on our own strength or the situation around us.”

“Let His Peace settle over you and enfold you in His Loving Presence.”  

Thankful that He is the Prince of Peace! 
mama eydie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment