Monday, February 9, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 38 - February 7, 2015




Wow.  The timing of these last three devotions is amazing.  I needed these tender words, “The journey has been too much for you, and you are bone-weary.  Do not be ashamed of your exhaustion.  Instead, see it as an opportunity for Me to take charge of your life.”  Again, I say wow.  

I have been living with such peace because of learning how to keep my focus on Him.  This is how I made it through the busy four months last year.  This is how I made it through this challenging weekend.  Because of lessons learned last year, it makes me stronger today as I continue to walk through challenges.  

Times when I plan to unplug from everything, I get frustrated when it doesn’t happen.   I feel guilty when I don’t want to be around anyone.   Not very often do I say, “I am exhausted.”  But after trips to Uganda is when I normally experience this.  

People will look at my life and automatically say, “I know you’re tired.”  But normally, I truly am not.  When I am functioning in His Will, I am normally energized not tired.  So when I reach those moments of total exhaustion, I know it is time to rest.  I love how this devotion was God Himself (not man) saying to me that my exhaustion was good.  This gave Him the opportunity to take over and give me rest.  The glory then goes only to the Father! 

I realized when I get to this point I am craving His rest.  What comfort to know that our God cares so tenderly for us.  He knows our limits and wants so much to be the One that will provide what we need.  

Again, all I can say is, WOW! 
mama eydie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment