Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 35 - February 4, 2015




If you knew me prior to my going to Uganda on that first mission’s trip, you would know this statement definitely represented me, “Do not wear yourself out with analyzing and planning.”  I was busy.  That’s all there is too it.

Once I prioritized and began to focus on my RELATIONSHIP with Jesus, I began to live in the “radiance of His Presence.”  I began to experience His Peace.  My focus was no longer based on pleasing others or being busy.  I started simply spending quality time with Him daily.

So many people who knew me before Uganda still characterize me as the “busy” person I was prior to Uganda.  It took me a lifetime to become that person and I am having a hard time shaking off that image!  But even in the midst of busy seasons for me, I am not the same person I was back then.  Sometimes I think people base who we are by our Facebook posts.  That is why I no longer post frequently, especially my activities.  I contemplated quitting Facebook altogether because some people were getting too judgemental over my "busyness" and posted things publicly to prove their point.  

Yes, there are seasons that my “schedule” is fuller than others.  For example, I just went to Uganda, Maryland & then ISPland for ITW! Yes...I would call that busy!  But now I have been home for 3 days and basically been home resting!    I protect my time alone with HIm enjoying His Presence!  To some, my "busyness" may not have changed in their eyes.  Yet the biggest difference is my focus.  I am making it my "life goal to be pleasing to God" not to others. (2 Corinthians 5:9).  This is key.  When I do this I am at Peace instead of anxious.  If He is pleased with me today, that is all that matters.   The more that I spend in His Word and in prayer & worship, the more I relax in Him.   I appreciate Sarah Young’s words today that really speak to the heart of how I now live my life...“You will cease to notice how weak or strong you feel, because you will be focusing on Me.”   This makes all the difference in the world.

Resting in His Peace today!
mama eydie

No comments:

Post a Comment