Sunday, February 1, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 31 - January 31, 2015




I woke up this morning and I began to praise the Lord by listening to music.  
I put on the song, “Everything to Me” by Avalon.  
“But I'll never be the same because He changed my life when He became...  
Everything to me.  He's more than a story.  More than words on a page of history
He is the air that I breathe, the water I thirst for and the ground beneath my feet
Oh He's everything, everything to me”

Then I listened to the song, “Everything” by Andy Chrisman...
“Everyday there's something more to discover about You
Every time my eyes are uncovered I see more of You
Taken back by the depth of love and the echo of Your name
And the way that You never change  
And there's more, and more, and more and more.”  

I was filled with so much joy as I look to this new day that He has planned for me.  Then I read today’s devotion.  I was reminded of the day that I woke up after I had quit my job. I remember all of the mornings that I woke up that led up to that decision.  Mornings that I had that deep pit anxious feeling in the stomach not knowing what to do.  I woke up worrying, scared, sad and discouraged.  Today the contrast between waking up and worrying about the day or trusting that “He has planned out each day and has it ready for me long before I rise out of bed” is life changing!   When we put the Shield of Faith on each day from Ephesians 6, it is not an inanimate piece of armor.  He is always alert and active.   Put the armor on today then march into battle praising the Lord! 

Psalm 28:7 “the Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.”  

Waking up singing songs of Praise!  
mama eydie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment