Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 48 - February 17, 2015



“It is easy to make an idol of routine, finding security within the boundaries you build around your life.”  I had done this with my job at the church.  Yet, now I see the breaking loose of my “idol of routine” was God’s preparation to free me like a butterfly from a cocoon ( 2 Corinthians 5:17).   When God calls us to a task, He gives us all that we need to accomplish it well.  The time I spent at that job was a precious time in my life.  But now eight years later, I am beginning to understand that I was making an idol of the daily routine.  I became chained to the boundaries that I built.  If it were not for the difficulties that arose the day I quit, I would still be living in the safety of what I was building around my life.  God was gently pushing me out of a situation that I was too afraid to step out on my own strength.  

So many times we fear change.  “When you cling to old ways and sameness, you resist My work within you.”  I didn’t realize that is what I was doing.  Someone once spoke truth over me and said, “Eydie, God has big plans for your life that none of us can even begin to imagine.  But in order for God to work, you will have to step out of your job at the church.”  At the time this person said this to me, he was not even aware of any of the issues that caused me to finally quit.  I have since seen the truth in this word spoken over me.  Since leaving the security of everything that I knew to be my life at the time, I now am living in a world of amazing joy and extreme peace. 

I love at California Adventure the “World of Color” show.  It is an outdoor, 28-minute nighttime spectacular show.  It features projected film clips on an immense water screen.  It is accompanied by momentous music, fantastic fire, water fountains, fog and laser effects.  I once sat in the area where you do get wet as the water just rains over you!  I was taken aback at how spectacular the show really is.  It truly is a world of color!  This is how I see my life now.  It is a spectacular world that the Lord just wants to lavish all over us.  Yet, His show is more than 28 minutes...it is a lifetime!  

Open your eyes and experience all that  “He has prepared for you in their precious day of Life!” 
mama eydie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment