Thursday, February 26, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 50 - February 19, 2015



How often have I felt the weight of my problems all piling on top of me?  I can envision a movie scene where people are all arguing and someone climbs out from under the group to escape all of the fighting.  Can’t we all picture ourselves in that kind of situation? How many times are we looking for that escape route?   Sometimes it is not problems but our schedules that are much too busy.  I have lived a good portion of my life allowing the demands of my life to control my emotions.  When I am in the midst of the busyness is when I normally forget to do what this devotion suggests...”When the difficulties in your life feel as if they’re closing in on you, break free by spending quality time with Me.”  So many times I get caught in the busy cycle that it doesn’t make sense to stop.  I keep pushing through thinking that I don’t have enough time in day to get everything done.  Yet, I am learning that when I do stop and breathe a prayer or spend time in worship, He bends that time and I miraculously do get everything done!  The more I do it, then it will become my go to reaction rather than react to the busyness. 

I love the verse in Habakkuk 3:19 “The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to go on the heights.”  I am reading “Hinds Feet on High Places,” by Hannah Hurnard.  The description of the book is this, “In a world characterized by noise and busyness, this beautifully written allegory invites you to lift up your eyes and fix your gaze upon the Beautiful One who dwells in the high places - above everything else in this life that competes for your attention.”  I highly recommend it as we continue to journey together in this busy American lifestyle.   

Let’s embrace the journey!  

Experiencing His Peace,
mama eydie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment