Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 34 - February 3, 2015






I get teased all the time when I open presents.  I tend to open slowly, trying to lift each piece of scotch tape carefully as to not rip the paper.  I unfold very patiently to prolong the excitement of the gift!  As family and friends look on they watch with smiles.  But if a thought bubble would be raised over their heads I am sure I would see statements like, “Rip the paper already!  Hurry up!”  

Reading the devotion today brought me to the picture of my opening presents.  “Receive today’s gift gratefully, unwrapping it tenderly and delving into its depths.  As you savor this gift, you find Me.”  Yes!!!!  I know whatever gift awaits me it will be good. I trust that when a gift is given it will not hurt me.  Even though I can not see it until the package is opened, I trust nothing bad is going to jump out at me.  

I want to look at each day this way.  I trust God.  I know when I open the gift of today I will find Him!  So family and friends...the way I open presents is here to stay!  Now, I may even go slower!  Oh no!  Ha ha!  

There is another aspect of today’s devotion that impacted me.  Today, February 3, 2015,  one of my former students from an ISP team, has to go to court over the custody of their child.    I have gone with her before to just be present in the court to pray.  Today, my schedule didn’t work out for me to be there.  Yet, I opened up my Jesus Calling for today and saw these words, “I am with you and for you.  You face nothing alone - nothing.  When you feel anxious, know that you are focusing on the visible world and leaving Me out of the picture.  The remedy is simple, Fix your eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen.”  Sarah Young bases this on Scripture ... 

Romans 8:31, “...If God is for us, who can ever be against us?”
2 Corinthians 4:18, “So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen.  For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.”  

She has others with her.  More important, the Lord is with her and for her.  I just got off the phone praying with her.  She gave me permission to share this so we would all join in prayer.  She had to be at court at 8:30 am.  We don’t have a specific time she stands before the judge.  Just pray this morning as we stand alongside her.  We are praying that His will be done.   

SAVOR the Gift! 
mama eydie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment