Friday, February 6, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 37 - February 6, 2015





“When your focus turns away from Me, you grasp for other things.  You drop the glowing gift of My Presence as you reach for lifeless ashes.”    This goes hand in hand with yesterday’s devotion.  In the busyness season I experienced at the end of 2013,  I took my eyes off of the One who could give me the rest that I needed.  I began to grasp at the frustration of not having time to unplug from everything.  When I was faced with interruptions, I did drop the gift of His Presence.  The longer it took me to dust those ashes off, the longer I stayed frustrated and upset.  I need to follow the example that Jesus did when he grieved the death of his friend, John.  He did not dwell on his grief but returned to the ministry that he came to do.  

When I am faced with difficulties, frustrations or hardships, I am learning not to dwell in that place.  I love this picture of keeping the gift of His Presence in my hands.  If I reach for the junk that surrounds me, I will drop this precious gift and become focused on negative things.  Yet if I only glance at the circumstances while holding the gift of His Presence, I will react more in a Christ-like manner than a self-centered one.  

Keeping My Eyes on Him! 
mama eydie!

No comments:

Post a Comment