Monday, February 2, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 33 - February 2, 2015





I have got caught in the trap of focusing in on a problem, “circling round and round it in attempts to gain mastery.”  I was miserable when I was caught in this “merry go round” journey.  When I finally got off of that ride, it was as if I was slapped in the face or had a bucket of cold water dumped on me.  It was the wake up call that I was stuck on a ride I didn’t need to stay on.  My energy and attention were all directed to the negative problem.  

During the heyday of the carousel in the U.S. about 1880 to 1921, they would have brass ring devices that were designed to perhaps draw interest or build excitement to riders.   If a rider managed to grab a brass ring, it could be redeemed for a free ride. (Wikipedia)  

In order to grab the ring, you would have to keep your focus.  If you kept your eye on everything else going on around you, it would distract you from reaching the prize.  I think that is the sentiment behind today’s devotion.  If we keep our focus on our problems and feeling sorry for ourselves we will be miserable.  I can testify that it doesn’t fix the problem.   Let’s train ourselves to keep our focus on His Presence.  Our lives sometimes are like a merry-go-round going faster than we would like.  Sit and enjoy His Presence.  We will win the prize each time if we just seek His face every moment of each day. 

Reaching for the Prize! 
mama eydie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment