Thursday, February 26, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 52 - February 21, 2015




Reading this I can’t help but think of my ISP journeys when I have asked students to trust me. If you look back on Day 44 (February 14th) it has more of my thoughts on this.  But I think about how every time I lead a team overseas with ISP or Raining Hope, I have to start all over again asking a team to simply, “trust me.”  I watch how everyone varies in how they deal with this issue of trust.  I have often wondered if team members truly understand what team leaders, especially with the ISP program, go through to lead.  I know for me as a team leader, I always have my teammates best interests in mind when I ask them to trust and follow. For ISP training, we have participants take the   Myers-Briggs personality test.  For the past 2 years I have sat in the debriefing of what personality types can effect the dynamics of a team. It is a good reminder of how we are all wired differently so we all respond differently. 

Think about God.  In a team context, think about Him as our “team leader.   All He is asking is for us to Trust Him in this journey of life.  Think about how many of us there are!  Wow!  That is a team!  Think about how frustrated He says, “Trust Me,” and by our actions we say, “I know better.”  Oh brother! I am guilty of that for sure!   I am challenging myself to trust Him like I ask you to trust me when I lead.  He is a way better team leader!!  And He is leading us on a much longer journey!   

“Trust protects you from worrying and obsessing.  Thankfulness keeps you from criticizing and complaining: those ‘sister sins’ that so easily entangle you.” 

Let’s all trust Him today as our Team Leader!  Our Heavenly Father does know best! 
mama eydie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment