Monday, February 16, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 46 - February 15, 2015




I love that the Lord has called me to work in Africa.  The last 8 years have brought joys indescribable because of the gift of being a part of lives of people in Uganda.  With anything we do, there are struggles.  We have had our share of difficulties in the midst of the joy.  Yet one of the most heartbreaking things that has happened to me in my journey to Uganda is not what you would think.  It was not because of struggles with finances.  It was not because of some of the tough decisions we had to make based on uncovering things that were endangering the integrity of Christ in our ministry.

No.  One of the hardest things that I have had to deal with was being told that what I am doing in Africa is impossible.   In explaining the challenges that we are faced with, I was told basically that what I am doing in Uganda is an impossible task.  The blow to my heart was crushing.  Can you imagine?  The very thing that God has called me to and what I have given my life over to...is an impossible task?   Added to that, last year was one of the most difficult because I felt extremely alone.  It seemed like no one really cared.  We were faced with so many issues, yet people seemed too busy to care or to give.

But something happened in my heart that day I was told it was impossible.  GOD ministered directly to my heart.  God doesn’t give us more than we can bear.  Right away, it was as if God Himself began to counteract the words that could have caused me to give up.  If we believe the lie that what we are doing is impossible, then why even try.

“For nothing is impossible with God.”  Luke 1:37 (NIV)

Last year, when I felt alone, I cried out to God.  I LET GO & told Him I didn’t know what to do anymore.  I LET GO & LET GOD take over.  Miracles began to happen.

“Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord; trust also in Him, and He will do it.”
Psalm 37:4-5 (NASB)


“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths.”   Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”  Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

His Word...not man’s Word is what gave me strength and truth.  Instead of giving up hope, I gave up dependence on man.


“Fearing people is a dangerous trap.  But to trust in the Lord means safety.”  Proverbs 29:25 (NLT)

I thought of the Christmas cartoon, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”  Remember when the Grinch is at the top of the mountain with the stolen toys and food?  He thinks he has “stolen” Christmas.  But then when he hears the town singing and realizes that Christmas may be more than “things,” something happens to his heart. “ What happened then, well in Whoville they say, that the Grinches’ small heart grew three sizes that day.  And the minute his heart didn’t feel quite so tight, he wiggled down with his load through the bright morning light.  And he brought back toys and food for the feast.  And he, he himself the Grinch carved the roast beef.”  The picture I have is when the sleigh is almost ready to go over the edge.  His heart having grown three sizes that day, gives him the strength to just lift the full sleigh right over his head!”

My heart grew three sizes the day I was told that my task to Africa is impossible.

“Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible.”  Corrie ten Boom

“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible” - Walt Disney
mama eydie

No comments:

Post a Comment