Thursday, February 26, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 49 - February 18, 2015




“Sometimes you may feel you are in a free fall, when people or things you had counted on let you down.”  The past couple of posts all seem to be linked together.  I can’t adequately describe what I went through when I had to step away from my job at the church. This picture of feeling like I am in a free fall when people I had counted on  & claim to be like family abandoned me, gave me only a glimpse into the hurt I truly felt. 

One of the reasons why bungee jumping or skydiving is not on my bucket list, is because it terrifies me to think about the danger of free falling like that.  Yet, as scary as those two sports can be, I wonder if the free fall I experienced from being let down and abandoned was worse.  It feels like it was. 

The Lord rescued me with His safety net of His Presence, His Love, & His Hope.  But He also surrounded me with godly friends who gently cared for me.  Being so hurt by people, God used faithful, loving friends to heal that broken part of my life & soul.   

I AM WITH YOU.   Four words to carry with you always.  He will never let you fall. His net is full of hope and love.  I Corinthians 13:13

Amen! 
mama eydie 


No comments:

Post a Comment