Friday, February 7, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 8 - January 8, 2014



I love the phrase, “The weaker you are, the more gently I approach you.  Let your weakness be a door to My Presence.”  How welcoming and reassuring.  Sometimes in our society today we can press people harder when they are weak.  Just now, I am sitting in a hotel room and heard a group, presumably a military one yelling out words from a drill of some sort.  We have all watched (or experienced) TV shows where a drill sergeant tries to “help” a cadet through a drill by yelling at them more.  That happens in life as well.  I have experienced times in my life when I am at my lowest, the support I need is not there.  

Yet, the words of this devotion today are so comforting.  “The weaker I am, the more gently He approaches me.”  Hallelujah!  What a kind Savior we serve.  “Hope is a golden cord connecting me to heaven.  The more I cling to the cord, the more He bears the weight of my burdens.”  What a picture of hope.  I picture the game of tug-a-war.  Sometimes I feel like I am tugging the rope all by myself.  But we are meant to live in relationship with others.  We do better when we have a team all tugging the rope together.  The chances of us winning depend on the strength of the team.  We have also seen times in tug-a-war when one side has that “one” strong individual that just comes along, pulls and wins the game for your team!  We have that “One.”  We have Jesus on our side.  Amen!

STANDING and PULLING together! 
mama eydie!

No comments:

Post a Comment