Monday, February 10, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 14 - January 14, 2014


“It is easy to touch up your outward appearance, to look as if you have it all together.  Your attempts to look good can fool most people.  But I see straight through you, into the depths of your being...Rejoice in the relief of being fully understood.”  There was a time in my life that I didn’t realize not only was I fooling others, but I was fooling myself.  I thought I had my life all together...then God sent me to Africa.  He used the children’s authentic faith in Jesus Christ to show me what it means to be alive in Christ.  When I was able to let go and be vulnerable in my weakness, that is when I became stronger in my identity in Him.  

So many times we are afraid to admit where we are weak.  Especially when we are in leadership or have been a believer for a long time.   I can’t explain the sense of grace & peace that washed over me when I was transparent enough to admit that I didn’t have it all together.  I could almost hear God saying, “Finally!” 

It has been “little by little over the past 6 years that my weaknesses have turned to strengths.”   What has made the difference is recognizing the need to spend quality time with Him daily.  “Remember that your relationship with Him is saturated in grace.”   

What do you need to empty out of your life that is taking up precious space?  Do not be afraid or ashamed of the emptiness.  God has His Grace & Peace just waiting to pour into you.  But first you need to be an empty vessel so there is room for Him to fill!  Don’t wait any longer.  You will experience such a sense of relief & joy that can only be explained by a life fully turned over to Him! 

Full of Peace!
mama eydie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment