Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 22 - January 22, 201


This has been what has made the difference in my life it “trusting Him more and more in all areas of my life.”  Pastor Cliff always has said, “To praise God in all circumstances.”  This truth, as hard as it has been at times, has made all the difference in the world.  If I say that I trust Him with my life, I need to prove that in my actions.  Proverbs 3:5-6 is a favorite verse of mine.  Reading in the Amplified version gives it even more depth. “Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insights or understanding.  In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.” 

When I saw the words, “Lean on” I thought of the Bill Withers song, “Lean On Me.”  Look up the words to that song.  It is a secular song, but has a good message when it comes to friendship.  I love the verse that says, “Lean on me, when you’re not strong.  I’ll be your friend, I’ll help you carry on.”  There are times that we lean heavily on a friend to help carry us through.  But there are also times when we look for someone to lean on, but they let us down and are not there.  Yet, Jesus is there at all times as the One who we can always lean on.   I find the more that I have learned to lean on Him, it has given me a peace that passes all understanding.  It is my default now.  As others have let me down, I have learned that He never does.  

So why not go to Jesus who we know will never let us down.   Lean on Him and He will help us carry on in our journey. 

No worries!  Just trust Him! 
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment