Thursday, February 6, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 6 - January 6, 2014




“Time is a trainer, teaching you to wait upon Me, to trust Me in the dark.  The more extreme your circumstances, the more likely you are to see My Power and Glory at work in the situation.”  Amen! 

As I get older, I am thankful for all of the lessons that I have learned through the years.  It is true, the older you are the wiser you become.  I hope to think so.  Some of those lessons have been very difficult.  Sometimes the dark times are overwhelming.  But one of the most profound lessons I learned from Pastor Cliff Howery was “To praise God in ALL circumstances.”  Sometimes that was a very hard lesson to follow through with.  But I did discover that when I praised Him during times that I wanted to just give up, my focused turned to the God who loves me and “whose plans are to prosper me and not to harm me, plans for a hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11).  1 Corinthians 10:13 also comes to mind, “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”  

“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to an all-knowing God.”  Corrie Ten Boom.  

Let’s continue to trust Him at all times! 
Love you, 
mama eydie

No comments:

Post a Comment