Sunday, February 9, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 11 - January 11, 2014


























I learned this same lesson long ago when talking with a dear friend, Pastor Joe.   When we pray, we talk with God and lay out our concerns.  Then we need to have faith that He has answered.  Instead of continuing to ask the same thing, continue to “thank Him for the answers that are on the way.”  This has made a tremendous difference in my life.  It is true that if you continue to state the same concerns over and over, you will live in a state of tension.  When I put into practice thanking Him, I am trusting Him and having complete faith in the timing of His answer.  “Thankful prayers will keep your focus on His Presence and His promises.”  

A good example of this is how we run our ministry with Raining Hope.  We truly trust the Lord will provide what we need for the children.  Even when we are low on funds, we trust that the Lord will take care of the children.  There have been times when we have no idea where the money will come from.   If you receive our newsletters, you will see that rarely will we tell you any negative or feel guilty stories.  Believe me, we have had our share of difficulties!  We have had times that there has been no food.  Yet, we always trust that the Lord will provide.  We have many stories that have only been explained by the miraculous.  I have lived through those difficult moments with a sense of overwhelming peace because of the lesson I learned long ago from my dear friend. 

One of my favorite verses that I rest in...
“He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;  I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”  Psalm 46:10 

Trust Him Today! 
mama eydie!

No comments:

Post a Comment