Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 3 - January 3, 2014

 For 7 weeks I came alongside my friend, to help her with her move to Maryland.  Unexpectedly, to help Carol I ended up living mainly at her house for the majority of the 7 weeks.  I went back and forth between her house and mine.  We were given a gift in those 7 weeks of being “constant companions.”  In the 17 years that we have been friends, we have never had this long of a period together.  Each day we walked through life together.   Not only was I helping with packing, cleaning, and preparation for moving, but we also had daily time to just talk and enjoy each other’s company.  We laughed, we cried, we grew closer together and deepened our friendship.  Because of being “constant companions” for 7 weeks, our relationship became strengthened.  

The 7 weeks with Carol helped me to understand what it truly means to be a “constant companion.”  I learned the meaning of true friendship, sacrifice & commitment.   It challenges me to evaluate whether I am as devoted to my “companionship” with Jesus as I am to those around me.  He truly is always with me.  He goes before me to open up the way and walks alongside me.  There will never be another companion who is as devoted as Jesus is to me.  Isn’t that amazing?!    As I “learn to hide in the secret of His Presence” I walk with an overwhelming sense of His Peace!  All He wants is to be our “constant companion.”  The more time we spend with Him, the closer we get drawn into the BEST friendship we could ever ask for!   

mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment