Saturday, February 8, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 10 - January 10, 2014


Over the past 6 years I have spent more time in “practicing trusting Him during quiet days, when nothing much seems to be happening.”  I do this by spending more time in His Word and building my relationship with Him.  If it were not for this truth, I would not have weathered through some of the storms I have encountered with very much grace.  

A recent example is the recent move of my friend, Carol.  We first moved her mother to Maryland in mid October.  When we returned, we began the process of preparing to move Carol in December.  The 7 weeks that I lived with Carol took a lot of effort and teamwork for all families involved.  It would have been much more difficult if I had not spent the past 6 years first deepening my relationship with Jesus.  There is a peace that overwhelms you when you put your faith and trust in Him.  He truly blessed us and helped us accomplish a very complicated and emotional task.  I am forever thankful that I had the opportunity to come alongside my dear friend.  I am even more thankful for the lessons I learned during this time of sacrifice and service.   Knowing that Carol was being obedient to what the Lord was calling her and her family to do, gave me such peace.  It strengthened our friendship during the reality that she was moving to the East Coast.  If it were not for the coins that we put in our treasuries, we would have come up empty!  Thank goodness that our trust balance is still pretty full, even after we seemed to use a lot of it to make it through!  When you invest into His Treasury...it is a never ending supply, no matter how much you withdraw!   

“But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”  Matthew 6:20-21

Love you! 
Mama Eydie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment