Tuesday, February 4, 2014

An Introduction - Daughter of the King

For those that are new to my blog I want to take a few moments to introduce myself.   My name is Eydie Miskel and I am the Daughter of the King!  I love the book of Esther in the Bible. The story of Esther portrays a common girl who became a queen.  I also love the story of Cinderella!  It is another familiar story of a lowly younger sister who also becomes a queen!  A story even closer to home is Kate Middleton, a commoner who now is part of the Royal Family in England!

The good news is if you are a follower of Jesus,  you are part of THE Royal Family of God!  You are daughters or sons of THE KING!  1 Peter 2:9  “But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people.  you are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession.  As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.”

While I was on a Disaster Relief assignment in Minot, North Dakota, I had a dear friend of mine, Rhonda,  asked me, "Eydie, has anyone today reminded you that you are the Daughter of the King?"  I replied, "I don't think anyone has ever said that to me."  She proceeded to tell me that I was precious in His sight, a part of the royal family which made me royalty.  She said that I was deeply loved and adored.  I was the daughter of the true King.  She even wears a necklace that has the initials DOK.  When asked it allows her the opportunity to tell others that she is the Daughter of the King.  I began wearing a crown necklace that offers the same explanation when people compliment it!  I began to dig deeper in a study of the book of Esther.  I truly have come to understand that not only am I a Daughter of the King, I am chosen.  Esther 4:14 "And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” (ESV)

You too are part of the Royal Family of God if you have chosen to follow Him!

My International Service Project teams with California Baptist University have given me the name, Mama Eydie.  Hence, the name of this blog and the way I sign my name is because this is how I am known by my students!

You are chosen for such a time as this!
mama eydie !







No comments:

Post a Comment