Sunday, February 9, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 12 - January 12, 2014




When I think of road maps, I think of my trusty GPS.  I love that the newer GPS devices come equipped with “LIfetime” traffic and “Lifetime” maps.  I can continually update my GPS with the most current maps.  The best feature for me living in Southern California is the traffic feature.  With as much as I travel to Riverside, this has become a very valuable tool.  

For the past 10 years I have been driving to CBU.  I would easily be confused with all of the freeways and connections.  I basically had one route that I would always follow.  That is the one that I learned when I made the first trip.  For those that live in the Southern California area, you will understand when I say I would go the 101 to the 5 to the 91.  Who knew that this was actually one of the longer ways around...and the one with the most traffic?!   

It was not until I got a new GPS with traffic that I broke out of the mold!   The first time the GPS said, 101 to the 134 to the 210 to the 57 to the 71 to the 60 to Van Buren...I thought it was crazy!!!  Yet, I decided to trust the GPS and it turned out to be shorter!!   When there is traffic, the GPS knows and will re-route me to another freeway to avoid it.  All these years I would travel only one way...the way that I knew.  Carol even called it the “The Eydie Route.” 

Since then I have learned to trust the GPS.  Sometimes I am not sure where it is taking me, but I follow.  Can we trust God like we trust our GPS?   “He knows exactly what this day will contain.”  His “living Presence is my Companion each step of the way.”  God is the ultimate GPS device!  There are times that the battery runs down on the GPS and just before I arrive at a destination, it has shut down.  I am lost at that point not sure what to do until I can get the GPS working again.  God is our constant companion who we can fully rely on.  He never shuts down.  He is the author of our “Lifetime Maps” and knows the “Lifetime Traffic & Obstacles” along the way that can trip us up.  Trust Him today by spending quality time with Him.  That is the only way we will be able to hear him over the noise and traffic in our lives!  “His abiding Presence is the best road map available! 

Following Him, 
mama eydie!

No comments:

Post a Comment