Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 16 - January 16, 2014



“Rehearsing your troubles results in experiencing them many times, whereas you are meant to go through them only when they occur.”  Wow.  That is so true.  How many times do we worry over and over about something because we rehearse in our minds how we are going to handle that difficulty?  Instead, why don’t we just trust God that He has it all worked out?  

A good example is when Kiana left for school.  I knew that the day she left would be difficult and I was trying to “think my way through it.”  The more I thought about that day, the more butterflies I had in my stomach.  I started to think too much about what life would be like at home without Kiana there on a daily basis.  Yet CBU did such a great job during orientation, that I began to experience His peace.  The turning point came when I went to Sandals Church that weekend.  During the evening service, He gently reminded me that Kiana was in His care and I had nothing to worry about.  When I relaxed in His Peace, my fear did turn into confident trust.  I am learning to trust Him with my life, day by day.  He really does have everything under control.  It always turns out better than I ever expect!  

Let’s relax in His plans today! 
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment