Friday, February 7, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 7 - January 7, 2014


Today’s message seems to overflow from yesterday’s pages.  Giving God thanks and praise at all times seems to be the common theme that He wants us to learn. 

Yesterday, I talked with someone that I had recently met in a store at the end of 2013.    When I asked her about her holidays, her response gave way to deeper feelings of sadness because of various difficulties. I tried to give her some sense of hope and said I would pray that 2014 was a better year.  I saw her again yesterday and asked if she was doing better.  Her comment was that things were still difficult, but that she is trying to not be bitter because that is no way to live. In the midst of the difficulty, she said she is trying to stay focused on positive things.  In seeing her resolve to not be bitter, I saw a glimpse of hope in her eyes. 

Haven’t we all found ourselves in this situation before?  There are times that our praises have to be more “disciplined & measured” because we just don’t feel like it.  Easy to praise and thank God when it is in response to “radiant beauty or rich blessings.”   This year, “when adversity strikes and you thank Him anyway, watch your trust in His sovereignty become a showpiece of the invisible realms.”  It will cause us to live in the “intimacy of His Presence.”  That is where I want to live this year! 

Thanking God today for you! 
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment