Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 4 - January 4, 2014














In the movie, “Titanic” there were multiple times that Jack asked Rose to trust him.   When they  are at the front of the ship and he asks Rose to climb up on the bow and close her eyes...

Jack Dawson: Do you trust me? Rose: I trust you. Jack Dawson: All right, open your eyes. Rose: I'm flying!  

Rose: [to Jack] When the ship docks, I'm getting off with you. 
Jack: This is crazy. 
Rose: I know. It doesn't make any sense. That's why I trust it 

As the boat is quickly sinking into the ocean, Jack takes Rose’s hand and once again says to her,  “Do not let go of my hand.  We’re going to make it Rose.  Trust me.”  Her answer, “I trust you” as they face the inevitable sinking of the “unsinkable boat.”  

Here is a man that she basically just met.   Yet, within days she trusts him with her life.  Why?  Because she loves him.  She trusted him to not jump off the ship.  She blindly trusted him to close her eyes.  In the face of fear and danger of the sinking of the ship, she trusts him once again.  Because of love, she simply trusts. 

Do we have the same kind of trust in our Savior?  Do we trust Him when things don’t make sense?  Do we trust Him when we are afraid of the unknown?  Do we trust Him with His plans for the future?  Do you love Him?  He died on the cross because of His love for us.   If we learn to trust Him because of True love, we will find ourselves flying with a sense of freedom no matter the circumstances. 

Today’s devotion, “I have conquered the world and deprived it of power to harm you.”  
Jesus is the true “King of of the World!”   Do you trust Him today? 

love you, 
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment