Thursday, February 6, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 5 - January 5, 2014


I love the first line in the devotion today, “You can achieve the victorious life through living in deep dependence on Me.”  That is what it is all about.  It ends by repeating this truth, “Enjoy the blessedness of a victorious life, through deepening your dependence on Me.”  It reminds me of Psalm 37:4-5  “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this.” 

Take delight in Him. It is all about daily deepening your relationship with Him.  This goes hand in hand with yesterday’s devotion about trust.  No matter what the circumstances are, we need to trust Him and rely on Him alone.  

I am thankful for those dark times of failure and disappointment because it drew me closer to my Savior.  I had no where or no one else to turn to but God.  That is what He wants is for us to depend on Him alone.  “It is a faith walk, taken one step at a time, leaning on Him as much as we need.”  Amen!  

Love walking this journey with you! 
mama eydie

No comments:

Post a Comment