Monday, February 10, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 13 - January 13, 2014




























When I take a team overseas, they all get used to me saying, “Trust me.  You may not always know the plan for the day.  Even if you did, plans change on us all the time.  For those that are A type personalities, you need to let go of that while we are traveling.  Go with the flow.  Relax.  Trust God.”  The students learn what happens when they follow this advice, and when they don’t. 

This can be a difficult lesson to learn when traveling to another country.   We can’t go to another country as an American and expect that our way is the best.  Once we can learn to let go and trust God, the adventures come alive!  It is so exciting!  His plans and His results were way better than mine!  Students all can give testimony to the lessons learned from traveling on an ISP trip. 

Any one of our ISP journeys are an adventure.  Our MOB office does an excellent job planning and preparing the participants.  The first year I was involved with ISP I totally was a sponge trying to soak up as much information as I could.  Do we trust God this way with our daily adventures?  Or do we take more of the control and try to “program it according to our will?” It would not have been smart of me to walk into my first year leading a team thinking that I knew better than Kristen White!  I leaned in and listened so that I could be the best leader possible.  How many times do we do anything in our lives thinking that we know more than the person that God has placed in authority over us?  “Be willing to follow Him wherever He leads.”  Ultimately, the times I asked you to trust me, I was following Him.  “A life lived close to Me will never be dull or predictable.  Expect each day to contain surprises!”  Amen!  Let’s continue this great adventure together!  

Traveling with you,
mama eydie

No comments:

Post a Comment