Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 7 - January 7, 2015



Today’s message seems to overflow from yesterday’s pages.  Giving God thanks and praise at all times seems to be the common theme that He wants us to learn. 

Last Christmas (2013) as the year was coming to and end, I met one of the clerks in a store that I frequent.  When I asked her about her holidays, her response gave way to deeper feelings of sadness.  She mentioned that the end of 2013 was difficult.  I tried to give her some sense of hope and said I would pray that 2014 was a better year.  The next time I saw her and asked if she was doing better,  she seemed surprised that I remembered her.  Her comment was that things were still difficult, but that she was trying to not be bitter because that is no way to live. In the midst of the difficulty, she said she is trying to stay focused on positive things.  In seeing her resolve to not be bitter, I saw a glimpse of hope in her eyes. 

Haven’t we all found ourselves in this situation before?  There are times that our praises have to be more “disciplined & measured” because we just don’t feel like it.  Easy to praise and thank God when it is in response to “radiant beauty or rich blessings.”   This past year has been a difficult one with Raining Hope.  There were times people told me that I couldn’t do it.  There were times that I felt all alone.  We had moments that money was coming in so slowly that the kids did go without food.  Yet we continued to believe, “when adversity strikes and you thank Him anyway, watch your trust in His sovereignty become a showpiece of the invisible realms.”  In the midst of it all, I watch the Raining Hope children live out the joy of the Lord shouting, “We are going to be strong and courageous!”  It did cause us to live in the “intimacy of His Presence.”  

“I pray that God the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him.  Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”  Romans 15:13

That is where I want to live this year! 

Thanking God today for you! 
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment