Monday, January 5, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 5 - January 5, 2015
















I love the first line in the devotion today, “You can achieve the victorious life through living in deep dependence on Me.”  That is what it is all about.  It ends by repeating this truth, “Enjoy the blessedness of a victorious life, through deepening your dependence on Me.”  It reminds me of Psalm 37:4-5  “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this.” 

Take delight in Him. It is all about daily deepening your relationship with Him.  This goes hand in hand with yesterday’s devotion about trust.  No matter what the circumstances are, we need to trust Him and rely on Him alone.  

I am thankful for those dark times of failure and disappointment because it drew me closer to my Savior.  I had no where or no one else to turn to but God.  That is what He wants is for us to depend on Him alone.  “It is a faith walk, taken one step at a time, leaning on Him as much as we need.”  

This year, with the launch of “The Ugandan Dream,” this phrase has become alive... “I may infuse within you a dream that seems far beyond your reach.  You know that in yourself you cannot achieve such a goal.  Thus begins your journey of profound reliance on Me.”  The dream of raising $120,000 to buy a house for the children seemed out of reach.  But He has done the miraculous.  We are currently at $91,699 after only 2 months of the launch!  All the credit goes to God.  Once I let go of trying to figure things out myself and do things on my own, He must have said, “finally!”  I let go and He took over.  Victory truly comes when we live in deep dependance on Him alone! 

Love walking this journey with you! 
mama eydie


No comments:

Post a Comment