Saturday, January 17, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 17 - January 17, 2015



Last year at CBU I ran into one of the professors who is also the parent of one of my former team members.   He said that things were going extremely well.  Something he shared that he started last year was listing three things that he is thankful for each day.  He said that it has transformed his life by doing this.  I could sense that something was different about him.  This is what I believe the devotion today is talking about.  When we “come to Him with a thankful heart, we will enjoy His Presence.”  This is definitely what I saw in my friend was an overwhelming sense of the Presence of Christ.  What a concept, “rejoice today and refuse to worry about tomorrow.”  If we can be in constant communication with Him by praising and thanking Him, we can “live above our circumstances even while we are in the midst of them.”  

I already shared yesterday about my passport issue.  I could have rehearsed over and over in my mind what to do if the passport would not have been ready before 2 pm.  I would have given myself over to worry & stress.  I would have fretted over something that ended up not happening!  God would have given me the ability to do what was needed if the passport would not have been ready by 2 pm.  But take it as it comes.  God always gives us what we need when we need it.  

What are you thankful for today?  What are you praising God for? 

I am thankful that I am in Uganda! I am thankful for all the prayers that have been answered with “The Ugandan Dream.”   I am very thankful for the day that the Lord brought each one of you in my life! 
Love you!
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment