Thursday, January 29, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 24 - January 24, 2015





This is one of my greatest treasures that I have received, the gift of His Peace.  I think that it is interesting that the devotion today calls it “a pearl of great price.”  The fact that I am in Jinja, Uganda the place they call “The Pearl of Africa‘ is amazing timing.  Someone from South Africa I know sent me a message on Facebook and said, “Welcome back home to the Pearl of Africa!”  

I have related to the parable in Matthew 13 about the Hidden Treasure.  “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure that a man discovered hidden in a field.” (Matthew 13:44)  I received the gift of His peace when I came here to Uganda during a very difficult time in my life.  Just like the parable, I seemed to stumble onto His Peace in a place I wasn’t anticipating finding it.  This place is priceless.  Those who have come with me to Uganda know what I am talking about.  Peace abounds here.  Specifically when we stay at the Hotel Paradise, it is as if the buried treasure is all over these grounds!  That is why I continue to invest in the lives of others to bring them here to this place.  My life was transformed here as I dug for buried treasures!  

The parable of the Pearl Merchant is about the merchant on the lookout for choice pearls. “When he discovered a pearl of great value, he sold everything he owned and bought it!”  God paid a huge price in order to redeem us.  He sees value in us!  This was a new revelation for me that these two parables are back to back in the gospels.  It  shows the value of the treasures He has hidden for us to find...but that He values us as His treasure!   Wow! 

Look for hidden treasures today that are all around you! 
I am still finding them here in Uganda! 
mama eydie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment