Thursday, January 29, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 18 - January 18, 2015


Thank you for praying with me as I traveled to Uganda!   I just returned home last night.   Sorry I was not able to post on our Jesus Calling page.  So here they are to catch up!


The past 8 years I definitely have learned this lesson!  I experienced some of the most heartbreaking valleys.  The only way that I could continue on my journey was by trusting Him to direct my path.  I had a huge disruption in my routine.  Everything that I had known for 13 years came to an abrupt halt.  It came to the point that I had to ask myself, “Now what?”

“Trusting acceptance of trials brings blessings that far outweigh them all.  Walk hand in hand with Me through this day.  I have lovingly planned each inch of this day.”  I now thank the Lord for those difficult days.  It taught me how to put my full faith and trust in the Lord only.  I remember that day well.  In the midst of the chaos the only place I had to turn was God.  When I cried out to Him, the peace that passes all understanding flooded my soul...and has never left!

I continue to have opportunities to apply this lesson in my life.  This week I missed my flight home from Uganda.  I was in shock that I missed checking in by only 10 minutes.  It cost an additional $600 to pay the penalty for missing the flight. I was suppose to be in Maryland to spend 4 days with Carol John & family before heading back to California. I could have stayed focused on things I could nothing about.  It would have just depressed me.   I was stuck until maybe Monday!   Instead, I realized that God was not finished with me yet on this trip.  There is a reason that He was preventing me from boarding this plane.  I actually became excited to see what God was going to do as I trusted Him through this trial.  I ended up being blessed beyond measure!  I especially was able to spend time finished interviews with each of our children!  These were at the core of what I needed to do.  Even getting to Washington DC became a lesson in trusting God.  I got the word early Sunday morning that they wanted me to try to fly standby that morning instead of waiting until Monday.  I am glad that I trusted Him through this process.  Turned out that a huge snow storm hit the east coast.  If I would have waited until Monday, I may not have made it to Maryland at all.  Instead, I was blessed with 2 days with Carol instead of 1!  

I truly have learned how to “breathe deep draughts of His Presence and hold tightly to His hand!”  There is no better way to live than staying close to Him!

True Peace,
mama eydie

No comments:

Post a Comment