Thursday, January 29, 2015

Jesus Calling - Day 28 - January 28. 2015




“People respond to My continual Presence in various ways.  Most Christians accept this teaching as truth but ignore it in their daily living.”  This was true of my own life.  When I accepted Jesus Christ as Savior, I understood that I now have a personal relationship with Him.  His Presence should have made all the difference in the world.  Yet because it is unseen, there were times I lived my life forgetting that He is right there with me in everything that I say or do.  

Then eight years ago, I had that “ah ha” moment.   Little did I know that I was lacking in truly having a DAILY RELATIONSHIP with Him.   As I watched the children in Uganda display this authentic faith in Jesus, I realized something was missing in my walk.  The simplicity of it all was that I just was not spending enough time in daily communication with Him.  The Word began to come alive in my hands!  I started spending more time daily reading and studying His Word.  I spent time talking to Him each day .  Amazing how a relationship can grow when you invest in the relationship! 

The move that Carol made back East has taught us both many valuable lessons.  Living with Carol for 7 weeks while I helped her through the packing and moving process caused us to spend quality time together.  We were given a gift by being able to have so much time daily together.  In the 18 years since I’ve known Carol, this process of her moving has caused us to be closer than ever!  Why?  Because we value our relationship and do everything we can to invest in it.  The more time we spend together, the deeper the friendship becomes.  The time I just spent in Maryland on my way home was precious because we actually had a couple of days to be in each other’s presence. 

How much more exciting is it that Jesus’ Presence is ALWAYS with us!!   He is just waiting to spend that quality time with Him!  Why not spend time with Him today and see for yourself!  I am not sure why I waited so long! 

Experiencing His Peace,
mama eydie

No comments:

Post a Comment