Saturday, March 29, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 30 - January 30, 2014


















Once I recognized that His daily Presence was the key to His peace, everything around me began to fall into place.  The more that I keep my focus on Him, the more the things that used to occupy my mind would fade away.  It truly was as if I was living in bondage...and I didn’t even know it.  Not until I broke free and gave it all over to Him did I truly experience His Peace.  The day I left my job and all the junk behind, I experienced the “peace that passes all understanding.”  To this day, that Peace occupies my day to day life.  It truly is how we can walk through the challenges of this life. 

Think on this phrase, “Whatever occupies your mind the most becomes your god.”  This became so true of my job at the church.  It occupied so much of my time and energy.  I made the church my god rather than focusing on my relationship with the true God.  I didn’t realize how much bondage I was in.  It became easier than I thought because full-time Christian work is suppose to be a good thing, right?  Yet I allowed the “gods” of church to occupy more of my mind than my giving God that time He alone deserved. That is where I found myself in trouble and didn’t know why.

What is it that occupies your mind the most?   Refresh yourself in HIs Presence alone today!  It truly will make a difference! 

Keeping My Eyes on Him! 
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment