Saturday, March 29, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 27 - January 27, 2014


Proverbs 3:5-6 is definitely a life verse for me.  I have depended on this promise from the Lord time and time again.  The words of this verse say it all, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”  

I am learning on this trip to Uganda that He has everything in control.  As I lean on Him and ask Him to guide and direct me, He will show me the path that He has carved out for me.  As I pray for wisdom and discernment, I pray that I do not go ahead of Him in any decision.  I look back on last year of Raining Hope.  There were many things that I was faced with at this time last year.  If I would have acted on my own understanding of what I thought we should do, we would be digging ourselves out of a hole right now.  But trusting in His direction sometimes takes time to understand.  We have heard many say that it is not the destination but the journey that is important.  Both are important, but we want to make sure we arrive at the destination that He has planned for us.  

On one of the homeschool field trips that we took to Washington DC for Kiana, the Smithsonian cleverly used the movie, “Night at the Museum” to create a “treasure hunt” to walk through their various museums.  I am not a museum person as Carol and Kiana know!  But because they gave me a fun tool to use, I was the one leading them from place to place to find the answers to the questions!  I was enjoying the journey so much more because at each stop, it was exciting to find the answers!  

We are given the right tools to walk through this life.  His Word is our guide book to find great treasures in this world.  He is willing to be our Guide if we just trust in Him with our whole heart.  Each experience will guide us to the next clue to find the treasures He has in store.  Pull out your Treasure Map today!  His Word will guide & direct you on THE right path.  This is a much better way to walk through life! 

Finding His Peace,
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment