Friday, June 27, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 36 - February 5, 2014



I have learned a very interesting lesson today.  “To receive My Peace, you must change your grasping, controlling stance to one of openness and trust.”  Over the past six years I have definitely experienced His Peace as I trust Him with my daily life.  It is the only way that I have walked through the past 4 months.  In a nutshell, the last few months have included helping Carol move, 3 trips to Maryland, 1 trip to Uganda, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kiana coming home for the holidays , Disaster Relief training for Ventura County, & ITW at CBU.  I was so looking forward to being home this week.  Then somewhere in the midst of ITW, I realized that I have Blue Cap Training for Disaster Relief in Fresno for 2 1/2 days.  

I learned that not only do I need to trust the Lord in the midst of busy schedules, but I need to trust Him with my quiet times.  He knows that I need a time of rest.  Yet, when I start to order my day and control my thoughts, even for a day of just peace, it damages my soul and the very peace that I desire.  

Matthew 14 gives the account of the death of John the Baptist.  Verses 13-14 are what I thought of in the midst of my desiring to be alone. ”Now when Jesus heard this, he withdrew from there in a boat to a desolate place by himself. But when the crowds heard it, they followed him on foot from the towns.  When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick.”   I am sure that Jesus was grieved at the news of the death of His friend.  Yet He trusted His Father during that time of grief and gave me a great example to follow.   In the Life Application Study Bible it said, “He didn’t dwell on his grief but he returned to the ministry that he came to do.”  

He knows my needs.  I rest in that today trusting Him to refresh me and fill me with His Peace!   

Seeking His Face,
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment