Friday, June 27, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 34 - February 3, 2014


I get teased all the time when I open presents.  I tend to open slowly, trying to lift each piece of scotch tape carefully as to not rip the paper.  I unfold very patiently to prolong the excitement of the gift!  As family and friends look on they watch with smiles.  But if a thought bubble would be raised over their heads I am sure I would see statements like, “Rip the paper already!  Hurry up!”  

Reading the devotion today brought me to the picture of my opening presents.  “Receive today’s gift gratefully, unwrapping it tenderly and delving into its depths.  As you savor this gift, you find Me.”  Yes!!!!  I know whatever gift awaits me it will be good. I trust that when a gift is given it will not hurt me.  Even though I can not see it until the package is opened, I trust nothing bad is going to jump out at me.  

I want to look at each day this way.  I trust God.  I know when I open the gift of today I will find Him!  So family and friends...the way I open presents is here to stay!  Now, I may even go slower!  Oh no!  Ha ha!  

SAVOR the Gift! 
mama eydie ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment