Friday, June 27, 2014

Jesus Calling - Day 35 - February 4, 2014



If you knew me prior to my going to Uganda on that first mission’s trip, you would know this statement definitely represented me, “Do not wear yourself out with analyzing and planning.”  I was busy.  That’s all there is too it.  

Once I prioritized and began to focus on my RELATIONSHIP with Jesus, I began to live in the “radiance of His Presence.”  I began to experience His Peace.  My focus was no longer based on pleasing others or being busy.  I started simply spending quality time with Him daily.  

What amazes me is how many people will still characterize me as the “busy” person I was prior to Uganda.  I no longer live my life like that.  Sometimes I think people base who we are by our Facebook posts.  That is why I am careful how I use social media. 

It makes me laugh every time someone’s automatic response to me is “I know that you are busy...”  I now just relax inside and say, “No, I’m actually not.”  I am thankful for the lessons that I have learned about enjoying His Presence.  The more that I spend in His Word and in prayer & worship, the more I relax in Him.  Yes, there are seasons that my “schedule” is fuller than others.  But I appreciate Sarah Young’s words today that really speak to the heart of how I now live my life...“You will cease to notice how weak or strong you feel, because you will be focusing on Me.”   This makes all the difference in the world.  

Resting in His Peace today! 
mama eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment